Increasing B2B lead volume with video
Video is changing the visage of business-to-business sales. Nothing new there, but what is new is how video is applied in digital marketing. The appetite for video is voracious, which explains why so many marketers are now using it as part of their sales campaigns. Video is also nearly ideal for maximizing prospect engagement (click here to learn how to make it completely ideal). A recent LinkedIn study indicated that up to 75 percent of B2B marketers believe that video is one of the most effective content platforms. Quite simply, videos increase lead volume and help brands to build familiarity with their prospect customers. Here are some of the main reasons why using video in B2B marketing is best practice for the foreseeable future:
- It’s incredibly affordable. These days, to make a high-quality video, with all the advances in technology and the proliferation of platforms, your iPhone or Android phone may be all that you need, give or take some add-ons such as exterior mics and lenses. It will no longer cost hundreds of thousands to obtain that gorgeous footage.
- Targeting is more precise than ever before. Forget broadcasting to a large audience of people who may or may not be interested in your message; these days, it’s all about narrowcasting, or targeting prospects based on industry, job title, preferences, product usage, et cetera. This is excellent news for marketers because people are increasingly stingy with their time and attention. Using a platform such as Consensus Demolytics, you can even see what product features your prospects responded to, targeting your efforts even more.
- Narrowcasting short-form videos are increasingly relevant. B2B marketers are making bite-sized videos that speak specifically to a particular audience, which means the videos are more frequent and even more relevant.
- Automation is everywhere. Posting content, tracking results and creating and scheduling email campaigns are activities that can all be automated and prescheduled.
- Mobile matters as much as ever. Well over 75 percent of online video consumption is via our mobile devices, so marketers must ensure that video ads can be viewed in vertical format as well as landscape.
Here are three direct ways video can help you, according to Business:
- Video is everywhere. Most marketers today use it. According to Hubspot, over the next several years there will be so much video traffic that it will account for roughly 74 percent of all web traffic. That means you simply can’t afford to skip or ignore video. Your website needs a brand identity, a persona or a personality. The most effective way to do this is with captivating, engaging video.
- Unbounce reports that using video can improve your sales conversions by a whopping 80 percent. Viewers have engaged with your video, they understand your product and they like your brand persona. They feel like they can put a face to the name now, which connects them to your business.
- According to a KissMetrics study, leads are up to 85 percent more likely to purchase from you if they’ve seen your video. It personalizes your business to them and helps them to understand your product, how it works and how it can help them in their own business.
For a primer on how MicroFocus achieved a conversion rate of 77% (not an increase of 77%, but a total conversion rate of 77%) on their videos, click here.